FLIGHTS... CAMERA... ACTION! DTW Airport has played a leading role on both the small and silver screens. Thanks in large part to Michigan's generous film production incentives, the Airport has played the part of airports ranging from Milwaukee to Hong Kong -- with a few cameo appearances as itself, too.
Here are just some of DTW's credits:
- AWOL (2012)
- The Citizen (2012)
- Machine Gun Preacher (2011)
- Up in the Air (2009)
- This Must Be the Place (2011)
- The Domino Effect (2010)
- The Prince of Motor City (2008 TV Pilot)
- Homeland Security USA (2009 TV series documentary)
- This Narrow Place (2011)
- Aftermath: World Without Oil (2010 TV episode)
- Detroit 1-8-7: Pharmacy Double/Bullet Train (2010 TV episode)
- Made: Survivalists (2008 TV episode)
- Air Emergency: Cockpit Chaos (2010 TV episode)
For information about commercial filming and photography at our airports, contact WCAA Public Affairs.
Important Documents - Please Complete the Permit Application and Send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Commercial Filming and Photography Permit Application
General Terms and Conditions
Location Fee Schedule
Sample Insurance Cert.