Road construction expected to cause delays accessing DTW
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is continuing road work on I-94 near the airport as part of its bridge repair project.
Eastbound and westbound I-94 will continue to be reduced from three lanes to two lanes between I-275 and US-24. Traffic will be shifted throughout the work zone.
The eastbound I-94 ramp to northbound Merriman Road is closed until mid-October, along with the following ramps:
Ramps closed to westbound I-94:
- Northbound Wayne Road
- Southbound Wayne Road
- Northbound Middle Belt Road
- Southbound Middle Belt Road
Ramps closed to eastbound I-94:
- Southbound Merriman Road
- Southbound Vining Road
Previously closed ramps that are now open:
- Westbound I-94 ramp to northbound Merriman Road
- Northbound Middle Belt Road ramp to eastbound I-94
- Southbound Middle Belt Road ramp to eastbound I-94
- Northbound Merriman Road ramp to westbound I-94
- Northbound Merriman Road ramp to eastbound I-94
The Ecorse Road on-ramps to eastbound and westbound I-94 are closed through the fall.
While access to the airport will be maintained with at least one ramp always open, it will be limited, and drivers are strongly encouraged to use the airport access off Eureka Road near I-275.
The project is expected to be complete this year. A project map can be found at https://bit.ly/2N5fzH3.