How does the process of retiring begin?

To begin, contact Airport Authority Employee Benefits for a Retirement Estimate form. Allow enough time to complete/submit required forms to Wayne County, prior to retirement date, preferably 3 months.

How do I sign up for Non-Active health/dental?

An enrollment/change form, along with supporting documentation, is submitted to Employee - Benefits.  (click here)

When would WCAA health benefits begin?

If eligible, your beginning coverage date would be determined from the confirmed retirement date.  

What benefits are covered?

The Summary of Benefit Coverage lists general information of covered/non-covered health benefits. For more detailed information, please contact your insurance carrier. 

Who is eligible for WCAA group insurance benefits?

The conditions are specified in your Collective Bargaining Agreement/Summary of Benefits, and are based on your selection during the retirement process.

What type of dental plans does WCAA offer Non-Actives?

WCAA offers two dental plans, one which is a DMO (must visit offices within their network)-Golden Dental Plans and one which is a traditional plan (can go anywhere) – BCBS.

Why am I paying more than my co-pay for prescriptions?

For all Non-Active groups, a mandatory generic prescription requirement applies so you may pay the difference between generic and brand name in addition to your regular co-pay if the doctor prescribes a brand-name drug. Certain medications also have a step-therapy requirement.

What do I do if I experience a life event?

For life events (marriage divorce, adoption, birth, death, etc.), contact Employee - Benefits within 30 days of the event. You’ll be asked to fill out and submit an enrollment change form along with the supporting documentation. If a dependent is no longer eligible (for example, an ex‐spouse), you are responsible for paying 100% of the claims expenses and/or premiums for any ineligible dependent remaining on the plan 30 days after the life event.  In addition, the ex-spouse will lose their rights for continued coverage under COBRA if not removed within 60 days of the divorce.  

I had an address change. Who do I contact?

Visit the forms page of the website or (click here) and email form to Lisa Hedges, H/R lisa.hedges@wcaa.us or Employee - Benefits employeebenefits@wcaa.us and we will forward your new address to H/R to update the system.

Who do I contact for questions about my check and/or health coverage?

For questions regarding financial information (taxes, 1099-R) contact Wayne County at 313-224-5890.
For questions regarding health/dental deductions contact Wayne County Airport Authority at 734-247-3236.