View the eligibility criteria for participation in the Airport Authority’s Small Business Enterprise Program.
Wayne County Airport Authority Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program
The Wayne County Airport Authority (WCAA) Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program is an Authority-wide initiative governed by the WCAA Procurement & Contracting Ordinance. It was created to increase the number of opportunities available to small businesses within the Southeast Michigan area, on non-federally funded Airport Authority contracts. Under this program, SBE participation in encouraged through the use of the following mechanisms:
1. Independently owned and operated business headquartered within the Air Trade Area (Michigan counties: Genesee, Lapeer, Lenawee, Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair, Washtenaw, and Wayne); that has
2. Operated as a business entity for a minimum of 1 year; with
3. Average annual gross receipts over the most recent 3-year period OR average number of employees in the preceding completed 12 calendar months (where applicable) that do not exceed the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Size Standards
NOTE: An expedited SBE application process is available to firms with a valid small business certification through another public agency located within the ATA (at the discretion of the Procurement Administrator). The current accepted agencies for reciprocity are as follows:
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and/or Airport Concessions DBE (ACBDE);
- U.S. SBA: 8(1), HUBZone, and Small Disadvantaged Business;
- MDOT SBE,
- Detroit SBE; and
- Wayne County SBE.
WCAA SBE Certifications are valid for a period of 2 years and may be renewed provided the eligibility requirements are still met and a new application is submitted.
Other SBE Program Documents
To ensure compliance with the WCAA Procurement Ordinance, the Airport Authority will monitor Small Business Enterprise (SBE) participation on non-federally funded contracts and require the submittal of SBE Participation – Progress Reports to facilitate the tracking of funds paid to Airport Authority certified SBEs.
For further information on the Small Business Enterprise Program, contact the Airport Authority Procurement Department at (734) 247-7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .