About The Airport :: Employment
Return to main Employment page
Employment Listing :: Project Architect
8/23/2012 - 10/23/2012
$63,706 annual, plus benefits
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or a closely related field; AND
A minimum of five (5) years of responsible professional experience that includes preparation of documents related to the development of real property and construction of buildings; AND
Be a Registered Architect (RA) licensed in the State of Michigan; AND
Be proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture and/or Revit software AND Trimble SketchUp Pro or other 3-D modeling/rendering software.
The Wayne County Airport Authority is seeking a Project Architect. The Project Architect is responsible for completing assignments in support of the Strategic Planning and Development Department’s development and facility projects at Detroit Metro and Willow Run Airports. The Project Architect will be responsible for completing site analysis, development and concept alternatives including computer wireframe models and renderings. The Project Architect will also prepare design/program criteria requirement documents, cost estimates and phasing strategies as well as governmental permit and funding applications and supporting documentation. The Project Architect will serve as the Architect of Record on project for which he/she prepares or supervises the preparation of construction documents. The Project Architect will also develop and manage the airport development and facility guidelines and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Completes site analysis, site development and concept alternatives, computer wireframe models, and computer renderings.
• Prepares reports, analysis, presentations, studies, and exhibits.
• Develops design/program criteria requirement documents, cost estimates, and phasing strategies.
• Prepares site and building drawings, specifications, and reference documents in accordance with airport requirements, codes and regulations.
Serves as the Architect of Record on projects for which the Project Architect prepares or supervises the preparation of construction documents.
• Completes and assembles governmental permit and funding applications and supporting documents.
• Assists in the management of consultant and construction project including review of design documents, invoices and supporting documents, construction cost estimates, cost reduction options and other documents.
• Participates in the development of strategic corporate improvement and capital plans.
• Develops and manages airport development and facility guidelines and standards.
• Manages and retrieves archived planning and facility documents requested by governmental entities, tenants, consultants, contractors, and staff.
To apply, submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org