The Wayne County Airport Authority (WCAA), which operates and manages Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) and Willow Run Airport (YIP), is continuing to work with its federal partners, airlines and tenants to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
On April 18, 2022, a federal judge overturned the CDC order requiring mask usage on public transportation and in transportation hubs. In response, the TSA announced it will no longer enforce its Security Directives and Emergency Amendment mandating masks. While masks are no longer required at Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW), the CDC continues to recommend the use of masks in indoor public transportation settings. Customers and workers should decide what is best for their health and comfort. Regardless, DTW will continue to be a welcoming environment for all.
COVID-19 Rapid Testing available
- Hours of Operation: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m., seven (7) days a week*
- McNamara Terminal International Arrivals Lobby
*Hours are subject to change
- Rapid Antigen tests are $75 (USD). Results are usually available in about 20-30 minutes.
- Rapid PCR tests are $175 (USD). Results are usually available in less than an hour.
- Prices listed above do not include taxes and payment processing fees. Insurance is not accepted.
- Pre-registration online is encouraged. To pre-register or to learn more about the clinic, please visit https://quickclinictesting.co/dtw.
- View the COVID-19 Testing Flyer.
- Concentrating on “touch points,” such as doorknobs, water fountains, handrails and toilet seats when cleaning in the terminals.
- Adding hand sanitizing stations in areas that passengers and airport employees can easily access throughout the terminals.
- Continuing to provide checkpoint bins treated with antimicrobial technology that kills or slows the growth of bacteria and viruses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out the FAQs page to discover what to expect during a visit to DTW.
On June 22, 2021, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services rescinded all restrictions on bars and restaurants. Despite the rescission of the state-issued Emergency Orders, food and beverage locations at Detroit Metropolitan Airport are not operating at 100% capacity due to staffing and supply shortages. While our concessionaires increase their workforce, customers may continue to experience limited menu options and reduced hours. Some shops and restaurants remain temporarily closed. To better accommodate customers, many retail locations are now carrying additional food items such as yogurt, pre-packaged sandwiches and snacks. The concessionaires and the airport are striving to make essential products and services available at all times.
To check the hours of operation for DTW’s shops and restaurants, please visit the Services & Amenities page and select a location.
Focus on Wellness
The Wayne County Airport Authority has implemented additional steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Tips to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the CDC recommends:
More information on the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 can be found at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
Customer service information is available throughout this website. Important links and phone numbers can also be found on the Airline Directory page and the Contact Us page. Questions may be submitted at the bottom of the Contact Us page.
The Airport Authority will continue to take proactive steps to keep customers, stakeholders and employees safe. This page will be updated as changes occur at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.